Transition Manager Job description:
Demonstrates experience in successfully executing global Information Technology transition projects. Provides outsourced Information Technology solutions to clients in different industries. Should have had experience in transitioning projects from India for US and the UK clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accountable for the successful completion of project team deliverables on time, within budget, and according to specifications
• Review and assist Supplier with development and execution of the Transition Plan
• Assist business units and Supplier in understanding the business impact of any migration outages
• Identify Client resources required for execution of plan
• Coordinate business unit acceptance testing
• Communicate status of transition to I/O leadership and business units and all stakeholders
• Develop contingency and risk mitigation plans for transition
• Develop early termination / back-out strategies
• Identify and secure Client resources necessary to execute the Transition Plan.
• Manage transition planning, knowledge transfer, technolgy deployment, service readiness, people transfer, delivery operations setup, service management aspects of project
Manage Asset and Infrastructure turnover to the Supplier if indicated
• Provides oversight to processes which have been migrated to ensure they are hitting service and savings targets
Manage client steering committee, project committee, meetings, track financials, provide status updates, idenitfy risks/issues , work out mitigation plans/remediation strategies.
• Ensure that all business transformations that are required for the success of the project are identified and built into the transition plan
• Work with internal business stakeholders to design a meaningful process to work with the supplier; assure that the business stakeholders accept and endorse the process
• Communicate effectively with the internal business stakeholders what all changes in processes will be
• Assist in communications to external stakeholders and Third Parties when processes will change, and assure that the new process makes sense
• Assure that business services improve in the new relationship over the previous processes
• Deploys and refines a standardized transition methodology to be used consistently across initiatives
• Leverages the knowledge and creativity of colleagues and helps facilitate best practice sharing across LOB's and process owners
Develop transition plans, approach, RFP/RFI responses, transition cost estimates
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• 15+ years relevant IT work experience.
• Minimum of 10 years IT management experience.
Ideal candidates should be PMP or Price II certified and ITIL certified
Exeprience/deep knowledge of all IO technologies such as service desk, end user computing (workplace services), data center services, network and security services, messaging and collaboration.
• Strong project planning, execution, monitoring, tracking and reporting experience
Previous people and Transition management experience required.
• Previous contract or outsourcing management experience required.
• Previous data center migration/transition experience desirable
B 100 A, South city 1, Near Signature Towers,
Gurgaon – 122001